Rainy River Community College
Located just five minutes from Voyageur’s National Park and the Canadian border, Rainy River Community College offers a great education with small class sizes, affordable tuition, and faculty and staff dedicated to your success!
- More than 90% of RRCC students receive some form of financial aid and we award over $150,000 in Scholarships every year! [scholarship application]
- Transfer-ready and career-direct programs
- Continue to play the sport you love! Athletics include: NJCAA Division III Women’s Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball; Men’s Basketball and Baseball; ACHA Division II Women’s Club Hockey; Co-Ed Trap Shooting League
- Get involved with Student Senate, Phi Theta Kappa honor society, Black Association of Students, Anishinaabe Student Coalition, and other activity-based organizations
- Rainy Hall on-campus housing features two-bedroom apartments with full kitchen, bathroom, living and dining area. On-site recreational facilities include a volleyball court, basketball court, bicycle trail, lighted cross-country ski trail, disc golf course, and more!
Student Enrollment and Demographics
- Total number of students served: 424
- Full-time students: 66%
- Part-time students: 33%
- Percent female: 54%
- Percent male: 45%
- Percent students of color: 19%
Rainy River Community College has an open admissions policy. This means:
- You can enroll if you have a high school diploma or a GED. Even without those, you may be admitted if you demonstrate potential for success in college.
- You don’t have to take a standardized test to be admitted, and your high school grades and class rank are not considered.
- After you are admitted, you will take a placement test. The placement test does not determine acceptance. It is used for course placement. It will tell you if you need to take developmental courses, which will not count toward a degree, before you can take college-level courses. Many students need just one developmental course, often in math or English. If you have taken these subjects every year in high school, you are more likely to do well on the placement test.
You can complete your studies in less time and for less total cost if you come well prepared for college-level work, especially by taking math, English, science, and social studies classes every year in high school. Also, some programs of study require more math and science, so your high school preparation makes a difference.
Enjoy the Rainy Experience...
At Rainy River Community College, you will enjoy an education second to none. In fact, The Aspen Institute has identified RRCC as one of the top 150 community colleges in the nation and the Midwestern Higher Education Compact has named RRCC as the most effective two-year college in the state of Minnesota! At Rainy River Community College, you will find a high quality, high-value education, with the personal attention you deserve.
|Commercial Truck Driving||CERT|
|Health Sciences Broad Field||AS|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||AA|
The following degrees are available from Rainy River Community College
- Associate in Applied Science
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
Tuition & finance
How to Apply for Financial Aid ~ Your key to receiving financial aid to help pay your college costs is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA form. Many students don’t realize they could qualify for grant money and federally guaranteed loans, so be sure to find out by filling out the form as soon after January 1st as possible:
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid, using your family's financial Information from the previous year.
- Be sure to use the Rainy River Community College code #006775 on the list of schools to receive your FAFSA information.
- Get help from our financial aid department if you need it at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Priority is given to students who complete the form by July 1.
Scholarships ~ Various scholarships are available to RRCC students. Scholarships range in value from $100 to $3,500. They are provided by generous friends of the College, organizations, businesses, individuals, alumni, and the Rainy River Community College Foundation. RRCC awards more than $150,000 in scholarships every year!
Grants ~ You may be eligible to receive federal and state grants of $300 to more than $7,000 per year. You do not need to pay these back.
Work Study ~ Work study programs give you the opportunity to work on campus or with approved off-campus employers to earn money to pay for college. Work study jobs are often very flexible, allowing you to work around your classes and personal schedules.
Student Loans ~ You also may be eligible for student loans, which must be paid back. Student loans usually have a lower interest rate than other kinds of loans.
RRCC Payment Plan ~ To help you meet your educational expenses, we are proud to offer the RRCC Payment Plan – a convenient, interest free, payment plan. This is NOT a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges and there is no credit check.
Other Ways to Save
- Reduced out-of-state Tuition. Students from other states don’t always have to pay higher tuition if they want to attend Rainy River Community College. If you live in Wisconsin, North Dakota, or South Dakota you are eligible for tuition rates similar to those paid by Minnesota residents. At Rainy River Community College, students from Ontario and Manitoba, Canada pay resident tuition rates.
- Tax Credits. Some college students also benefit from two federal tax credit programs, the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit. These may apply to you or your family, depending on your financial circumstances.
- Veterans. Veterans are welcome at Rainy River Community College. If you’ve served in the armed forces, you might be eligible for help with paying for college. Contact the RRCC Veteran Services office for more information. Also, check with the RRCC Financial Aid office about benefits from the new Minnesota GI Bill. Or go to www.mymilitaryeducation.org.
College is more than textbooks, classes, labs and studying! At Rainy River Community College there are plenty of clubs and program-related organizations, sports, and recreational activities to help you meet new friends, develop leadership and team skills, stay fit, and share the fun of working together on projects.
- Adult Basic Education
- Cafeteria | Food Service
- Computer | Technology Services
- Disability Services
- Emergency Info | Blackboard Connect
- Financial Aid
- Fitness Center
- International Student Services
- MN Workforce Center
- MN Workforce Center
- Multicultural Services
- Scholarship Foundation
- Student Advising
- Student Success Office
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Transfer Assistance
- Tutoring | Writing Center
- Veterans Services
- Anishinaabe Student Coalition
- Black Association of Students
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Clay Target League
- Science and Math Club
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Senate
- Club Hockey
- Club Hockey
1501 Highway 71
International Falls, MN 56649
Toll-Free: (800) 456-3996
Local: (218) 285-7722
TTY: (800) 627-3529