Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Over 98 percent job placement rate
- Ranked 4th in the nation for graduation of all public two year institutions
- Recognized as a national leader in advanced technical skills education
- Hands-on, student-centered, experiential learning
- Outstanding customer service
- Exceptional instruction, high academic expectations, and extensive partnerships with local, state, national, and international businesses and industries
Transfer degrees and liberal arts curriculum provide more options to bachelor degrees
Student Enrollment and Demographics
- Total number of students served: 3,958
- Full-time students: 50%
- Part-time students: 49%
- Percent female: 49%
- Percent male: 50%
- Percent students of color: 0%
Alexandria Technical and Community College has an open admissions policy to the college.
- Students are not required to submit standardized tests results to be admitted to the college, and high school grades and class rank are not considered.
- ACT scores determines whether or not developmental courses are needed.
- Some programs have specific criteria that must be met before acceptance into the program.
Apply early and save! Several of the college's technical programs fill early and have waiting lists. Application for an academic year opens on September 1 of the prior year. Complete your application September 1 through October 31, and ATCC will waive your application fee!
Excellence in Education
Alexandria Technical and Community College offers a diverse mix of program choices in transfer and technical education upheld by a welcoming and supportive environment. Personal attention from faculty and staff, real-world experiences, and outstanding student support services are the reason ATCC is nationally recognized for outstanding student success.
The following degrees are available from Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Advanced Technical Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
Tuition & finance
How to apply for financial aid
Begin by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. Many students don’t realize they may qualify for grant money and federally guaranteed loans.
Find the form online at www.fafsa.gov. For help with completing the form, contact a high school counselor or the ATCC financial aid office.
The FAFSA determines eligibility for the following:
Federal and state grants. Students do not pay these back.
Work study programs provide the opportunity to work on campus or with approved off-campus employers to earn money to pay for college. Work study jobs are often very flexible and accommodating to class schedules.
Student loans usually have a lower interest rate than other kinds of loans and must be paid back.
Other ways to save
Same rate out-of-state tuition
Alexandria Technical and Community College does not charge a differential tuition rate for out of state tuition.
Some college students also benefit from two federal tax credit programs, the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning tax credit.
Apply for scholarships every semester to help pay for college. The ATCC Foundation has an online application that allows students to apply for all applicable scholarships at one time. Visit www.alextech.edu/scholarships.
Stop by the veterans centers for information, support, and assistance. Also, check with the financial aid office about benefits from the Minnesota GI Bill, or go to www.mymilitaryeducation.org.
Student life is more than textbooks, classes, and studying. While participation and involvement in student activities is not required of students, it is the philosophy of the college that engaging in student life activities is an important part of the educational experience. Student participation in co-curricular or extracurricular activities is encouraged.
Leadership skills development is an important part of college education. ATCC has many student organizations that range from program specific to campus wide. Students who participate in these organizations often have the opportunity to particpate at state, national, and international conferences and competitions.
The college sets aside every Thursday at noon during the academic year for student life and club activities. Regular classes are not scheduled during this dedicated time.
- Counseling Center
- Financial Aid
- Fitness Center
- Fresh Stop Cafe
- Head Start
- IT Department
- Information Center
- Intercultural Center
- Scholarship Foundation
- Student Success Office
- Support Services
- Transfer Advising Center
- Transfer Advising Center
- Vet Center
- Work Study, Financial Aid Office
- Writer's Block
- American Society of Interior Designers
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Collegiate DECA
- Diesel Club
- Early Childhood Education Club
- Law Enforcement Club
- National Kitchen and Bath Association
- Special Interest and Program Clubs
- Student Ambassadors
- Intercultural Club
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society
- Veteran's Center
- Student Senate
- Intramural Sports
- Trap Shoot Club
- Book Club
- G.A.T. Gamers of ATCC
1601 Jefferson Street
Alexandria, MN 56308
Toll-Free: (888) 234-1222
Local: (320) 762-0221