Civil Engineering Technology
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Students completing the Civil Engineering Technology program are prepared for employment in the civil engineering field. Civil engineering technicians plan, design and monitor construction and maintain public or private works systems with the collaboration and direction of engineers. They gather preliminary data, plan, budget, survey, design, prepare construction documents and administer contracts to provide safe and convenient facilities including highways, bridges, airports, structures, water treatment and distribution systems, and waste water collection and treatment systems. Opportunities are available with state, county and government public works departments, as well as consulting engineering firms. Students will learn graphic communication skills, advanced surveying techniques and a variety of skills related to engineering technologies. Students also will be enrolled in general education classes selected to build a foundation for their technical courses. This AAS degree can prepare students to continue their education in a number of baccalaureate programs at four-year institutions.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501