Biotechnology Lab Technician
- College/University: Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Biotechnology is the application of biological organisms, systems, and/or processes to learn about the science of life and the improvement of the value of materials and organisms such as pharmaceuticals, crops, and livestock. Biotechnology is a relatively new and fast-developing field that integrates knowledge from several traditional sciences: biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, and chemical engineering. Graduates may work in labs for companies in the areas of pharmaceuticals, food processing, molecular biology, agricultural research, and product analysis.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Worthington 56187