Child, Youth, and Family Studies
- Award: Associate in Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIOA Certified
- Inclusion and Special Needs, Credits: 10
- Diversity, Credits: 9
- Youth Studies, Credits: 11
About this Program
This program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive, basic curriculum needed to work in careers with children from infancy to twelve years of age in a variety of settings. Opportunities to gain necessary child care skills and competencies are provided by way of observation and practical experience in a well-equipped, on-site child development center for children ages 1-5, as well as classroom lecture/labs and practical experiences in three to four community-based care facilities during fall and spring semester. Instruction includes child development, guidance, creative activities, health literature, nutrition, and safety, community relations, audio visual aids, children's literature, nutrition, family relationships and field experiences.
- Rochester Community and Technical College 55904