- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Presentations: Increased confidence and competence in public presentations.
Relationships: Knowledge of the manner in which communication creates, maintains and transforms relationships and the ability to engage in effective and productive relational communication.
Contexts: Knowledge of the crucial role communication plays in community, professional and civic contexts, and the ability to use communication behaviors ethically and effectively in various contexts.
Diversity: Knowledge and respect for the role of culture and diversity in communication, and the ability to effectively communicate within and across cultures.
Influence: Competency in reflective construction and analysis of arguments and discourse intended to influence beliefs, attitudes, values, and practices.
Technology: Ability to effectively use communication technology and to critically evaluate how technology affects communication.
Research: Competence in systematic inquiry, including the process of asking questions, systematically attempting to answer them, and understanding the limitations of the conclusions reached.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
- Normandale Community College 55431
Labor Market Information
Radio and Television Announcers
- Median wage: $16.19/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
College Communications Teachers
- Median wage: $60,161/year-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
Public Relations Specialists
- Median wage: $27.17/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Above statewide average
Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Median wage: $13.95/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Average
- Median wage: $30.59/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average