Medical Administrative Assistant
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Medical Administrative Assistant AAS program prepares students to work in a variety of medical settings, handling all types of administrative duties for private practice, hospitals and clinics. This program offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills, expanding the traditional role of the medical secretary through the addition of liberal arts classes as preparation for leadership roles. Graduates of this program are highly-trained office specialists who are prepared to accept responsibility for the coordination of medical office functions and patient billing processes. Successful medical administrative assistants have excellent communication skills and exhibit a high degree of professionalism. All courses in the program incorporate the skills needed for employment in the medical administrative assistant profession.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560