Broadband Delivery Technician
- Award: Associate in Applied Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
About this Program
With the evolution of dynamically changing technologies for delivering voice, video, and data applications, the workforce needs highly skilled technicians who understand the technologies behind broadband access systems. This program will provide the foundation and skills used to maintain these systems, in particular, passive optical networks (PONs). Fiber optic networks will be able to provide the transport mechanism for present and future services to clients. Students will learn how to maintain, expand, repair, and replace equipment required to provide broadband service to customers. The industry is in great demand for technicians who can convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company's product and services to their customers.
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, Winona 55987
Labor Market Information
College Engineering Teachers
- Median wage: $116,627/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Average
- Median wage: $38.02/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
- Median wage: $42.60/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average