Chemistry/General Science Education Grades 5-12
- College/University: St. Cloud State University
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program provides the background required by State of Minnesota science-content and science-education licensure standards for science teachers in grades 5 -8 and chemistry teachers grades 9 - 12. All students interested in science teaching must complete both the 5-8 science teaching core and a 9 - 12 science content emphasis. The courses in this major result in a waiver of 9 credits in Area B (Natural Sciences) of the General Education distribution requirement. MATH 211 should be taken instead of MATH 193 in the General Education core. Students considering this major are encouraged to contact the science education advisor in the Department of Chemistry at the earliest opportunity.
- St. Cloud State University 56301