- College/University: Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 58
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Students receive theory as well as practical experience in hair, skin, and nail care through classroom study, demonstrations and practical experience in the campus clinic. Some areas of study include safety and sanitation, customer service, and job seeking skills. Upon successful completion of hours and quota requirements mandated by the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologists Examiners, students must also take a written and a skills certification tests for licensure. Some of the opportunities include salon owner, salon manager, stylist, hair colorist, nail technician, esthetician, manufacturer's representative, and state board inspector.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Jackson 56143
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Pipestone 56164