- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The AD-PN Mobility Nursing program educates Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) for the role of Registered Nurse (RN). The RN role includes a broad area of human service aimed at assisting the client in attaining the highest level of health possible. Students learn how to assess, collect, and contribute to client data based on physiological, developmental, sociocultural, psychological, and spiritual needs. Students learn to provide nursing interventions to the client and significant others throughout the health-illness continuum. Students learn how to develop and implement individualized teaching plans in order to restore, maintain, and promote health. Students in the AD-PN Mobility Nursing program learn how to delegate, interact, and provide leadership for other members of the health team. Practical Nursing graduates are awarded 13 PN credits towards the first year of the AD-PN Mobility program. After prerequisites are met, students can complete the full time program in 2 semesters (fall and spring) and the part-time program in 3 semesters (spring, fall, and spring). Students are then eligible to apply to take the national licensing examination to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Graduates of the AD-PN Mobility program may articulate to a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721
- Northland Community and Technical College, Thief River Falls 56701
- White Earth Reservation 56591