- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
- Zoology, Credits: 50
- Ecology, Credits: 67
- Toxicology, Credits: 67
- Biology: Cytotechnology, Credits: 39
- Plant Science, Credits: 24
- Biomedical Sciences, Credits: 70
- Microbiology, Credits: 30
About this Program
The Department of Biological Sciences offers program for students preparing for careers in education, laboratory and field research, biotechnology, environmental sciences, clinical laboratory sciences, cytotechnology, food science technology and pre-professional programs including pre-agriculture, pre-forestry, pre-medicine, and pre-veterinary medicine. The biology major offers a core program intended to develop a common background in biology and additional upper level courses designed to provide specialized options. Students typically take a broad based general biology major or an emphasis in one of the following: general biology, bio-business, ecology, food science, human biology, microbiology, physiology, plant science, toxicology, or zoology. Programs in biotechnology, environmental sciences, food science technology and science teaching are also offered.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002