- Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
This program provides a liberal arts education with a historical perspective, understanding of cultural heritage, and a broad perspective of social, cultural, intellectual, and economic trends in society. Students are prepared for jobs such as museum and historical society directors, government civil servants, information processors, or graduate school.
- Southwest Minnesota State University 56258
Labor Market Information
College History Teachers
- Median wage: $75,786/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
- Median wage: $23.28/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Median wage: $16.37/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Average