- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Students interested in biotechnology could find careers in a wide variety of industrial applications. Examples of the types of industries that use biotechnology are antibiotic and pharmaceutical; food; energy; agricultural pesticides; herbicides; fertilizers; growth chemicals and breeding programs; industrial chemicals; biocatalysts; and diagnostics. The biotechnologist works with research scientists on the development of processes in the laboratory and with engineers to transfer and scale up laboratory processes for large scale production required by industry.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
Labor Market Information
Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Median wage: $32.67/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
- Median wage: $23.62/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Above statewide average
College Biological Science Teachers
- Median wage: $66,441/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average