- College/University: Minnesota State College Southeast
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This major is designed to prepare students for employment as administrative secretaries or assistants. Administrative assistants' responsibilities may include processing incoming and outgoing mail, communicating through electronic mail, scheduling, keyboarding documents and forms, transcribing business documents and forms, transcribing business documents from machine dictation, filing and retrieving records, handling telephone calls, and making travel arrangements. This major requires strong verbal, listening, and writing skills; interpersonal and supervisory skills; ability to keep confidences; knowledge of records management; and knowledge of a variety of software application programs and integrated electronic office systems.
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, Winona 55987