Automation Robotics Engineering Technology
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Successful completion of training in Automation Robotics Engineering Technology leads to excellent compensation in a high-demand field. Automation Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes (mind and hands) are applied to the designing, building, installing, and troubleshooting of high-tech, high-speed automated electro-mechanical machinery systems for Packaging and other manufacturing applications. Emphasized skills include problem-solving, repairing, fabricating, machining, and welding. Automated systems typically include Computers, Touch Screens, Quality Assurance, Vision Systems, Lasers, Robots, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), AC/DC/Servo/Stepper/VFD motor controls, hydraulic and pneumatic controls, Conveyors, Bar Code/SmartCard/RFID, Electrical systems, Electronic Circuits, and a wide variety of Sensors. Graduates are eligible to pursue baccalaureate programs in manufacturing and engineering technology.
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347