- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 36
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will:
1. Be prepared as a competent entry-level medical assistant in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
2. Apply ethical behaviors, including honesty and integrity in performance of medical assisting practice.
3. Demonstrate respect for patient rights including individual diversity, incorporating awareness of one�s own biases in areas including gender, race, religion, age and economic status.
4. Promote patient privacy in various clinical settings in adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
5. Practice safe patient care at all times and utilize personal safety precautions as defined by governing agencies.
6. Recognize and respond to emergent situations promptly and appropriately.
7. Use medical terminology, pronouncing medical terms correctly, to effectively communicate and document information, patient history, data and observations
- Riverland Community College, Albert Lea 56007
- Riverland Community College, Austin 55912
- Riverland Community College, Owatonna 55060