Lamb and Wool Management
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 30
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
The Lamb and Wool Management program is concerned with developing the sheep enterprise operators ability to organize and manage resources to meet family and business goals. Good management requires a sound knowledge of economic and scientific principles because they are the framework for a profitable sheep enterprise. Good management provides a perspective that considers the relationship of all parts to the whole farm business. Good sheep management requires knowledge of sheep production practices and animal science, as well as new technology developments in the field. The Lamb and Wool Management Program is concerned with the development of a person's knowledge of economic, management, and scientific principles and using them in a profit oriented decision making process that enables them to meet their goals.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Pipestone 56164
Labor Market Information
College Agricultural Sciences Teachers
- Median wage: $79,617/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Average
- Median wage: $19.49/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Refers to national data. State data is not available.
Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
- Median wage: $26.18/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
Farm and Home Management Advisors
- Median wage: $27.03/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking