- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 16
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Minnesota and national employer data indicates that strong communication skills in areas such as interpersonal (one-on-one) communication, conflict management, interviewing, public speaking, and team/group interaction are crucial to success in the workplace. In addition, employers note that communicating effectively between cultures, generations, and genders is important, especially in the rapidly changing mediated communication world (texting, emails). This certificate offers a broad depth and breadth of knowledge and skills in the communication field.
- Rochester Community and Technical College 55904
Labor Market Information
Radio and Television Announcers
- Median wage: $16.19/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
College Communications Teachers
- Median wage: $60,161/year-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
- Median wage: $30.59/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average