- Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Unlike many other disciplines, mathematics is a very structured subject. Consequently, the curriculum consists of sequences of interrelated courses which must be taken in the appropriate order. The courses in mathematics are organized with the needs of three groups of students in mind:
-those interested in mathematics as a major field of study who may be planning more advanced study, preparing to teach or intending to use their skills in business, industry or government;
-those needing mathematics primarily as a tool in other disciplines (engineering, science, etc.);
-those interested in the logical and cultural aspects of mathematics as an element in their general education.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
Labor Market Information
- Median wage: $40.07/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average
- Median wage: $44.06/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Refers to national data. State data is not available.
College Mathematical Science Teachers
- Median wage: $64,123/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average