- Award: Associate in Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIOA Certified
About this Program
The Practical Nursing program prepares the student to practice within the scope of the practical nurse. The student is taught to use the nursing process at the practical nurse level in the maintenance of health and prevention of illness, the observation and nursing care of persons experiencing changes in health status, and administration of prescribed medication and treatments. The student will receive supervised learning experience in caring for individuals in a variety of health care settings such as hospitals, long-term care facilities and physician clinic settings. M State offers an Associate in Applied Science degree in practical nursing on all four campuses. Students may choose to complete the diploma in practical nursing track on the Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls and Wadena campuses. After successful completion of either track, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for the Practical Nurse. The Minnesota Board of Nursing has officially approved the Practical Nursing program on all four campuses of M State.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560