Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 36
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Students in this program work with both residential and light commercial heating, ventilation, ducting, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. This extensive background, together with hands on skills in layout, fabrication, installation and repair, qualifies graduates to enter one of the world's fastest-growing industries. Employment exists with manufacturers, engineers, contractors and specialized service firms. Students learn and develop applications skills of more efficient, cost-effective equipment and their application procedures. Many new, exciting and energy-saving innovations are being developed. Technicians train in this industry to provide the latest of technologies to control the environment in any enclosed area, from residential homes to any light commercial buildings. This includes controlling indoor air quality by utilizing mechanical means to remove pollutants and maintain desired humidity and temperature settings.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560