Family Consumer Science
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
- Dietetics, Credits: 43
- Child Development and Family Studies, Credits: 52
- Food and Nutrition, Credits: 49
About this Program
Dietetics, which is accredited by the Academy of Nutritionand Dietetics and provides the academic training required to become a Registered Dietitian.
Child Development and Family Studies, which is approved by the National Council on Family Relations which allows graduates to become Certified Family Life Educators.
Family Consumer Science Education, which is approved by the Department of Education which allows graduates to be licensed to teach FCS in grades 5-12.
Foods and Nutrition, a broad major that prepares graduates to work as foodservice managers, community nutrition educators, food researchers or health promotion and wellness coaches.
The Department also offers a flexible minor that is a good complement to numerous majors.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002