- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 40
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Practical Nursing program prepares the student to practice within the scope of the practical nurse. The student is taught to use the nursing process in the maintenance of health and prevention of illness, the observation and nursing care of individuals experiencing changes in health status and the administration of prescribed medication and treatments. The student will receive supervised learning experiences in caring for individuals in a variety of health care settings such as hospitals, long-term care facilities and physician clinic settings. Practical Nursing graduates may apply to take the National Council Licensing Exam-PN (NCLEX-PN) following graduation. Individuals entering the program must pass the background check required by the Minnesota Human Services licensing division and an annual national background check. The Practical Nursing program is offered on the Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena campuses. The Minnesota Board of Nursing has officially approved the Practical Nursing program at M State.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560
- Lutheran Homes - Lincoln Terrace 56584