- College/University: Dakota County Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Student will prepare to join the work force, as a safe and knowledgeable apprentice ready to serve the electrical power industry. Students are given extensive hands-on experience building power lines. Both overhead and underground techniques are presented and practiced. The instruction involves classroom and outdoor hands-on activities related to overhead and underground lines. Campus facilities for instruction include a large outdoor training field that features pole climbing, line construction, bucket-truck operations and the use of powerline construction trucks for erecting power lines. Related overhead line work and operation of underground equipment is also involved.
- Dakota County Technical College 55068