- College/University: St. Cloud State University
- Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
- Applied Sociology, Credits: 35
About this Program
Both the regular Sociology major and the Applied Sociology Concentration have a strong theory and methods core. The regular Sociology major allows more flexibility beyond the care. There are 15 credits of Sociology electives in the 37-credit program, compared to 6 credits of electives in the Applied Sociology Concentration. Although the regular Sociology major can work well for many students, it is especially appropriate for students who are double majors, students who already have substantial work experience, and students who plan to enter professional schools or traditional sociology graduate programs immediately after graduation. Sociology majors find employment in a variety of occupations, including human services, corrections, law enforcement, marketing, management, human resources, research and social activism. The sociology program also provides excellent preparation for graduate study in sociology and related fields.
- St. Cloud State University 56301