Family Consumer Science Education
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
The focus of the Family Consumer Science Department is to promote the well-being of people, the enrichment of quality environments, and to prepare men and women to assume essential professional roles in a culturally diverse global society. The comprehensive program provides training for professional roles within family consumer science education; family life; early childhood education; nutrition education; dietetics; clothing; textiles; and housing. This program prepares students to teach Family Consumer Science.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
Labor Market Information
College Home Economics Teachers
- Median wage: $64,276/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Refers to national data. State data is not available.
High School Career and Technical Education Teachers
- Median wage: $53,427/year-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
College Education Teachers
- Median wage: $59,196/year-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Average