Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
- Resource Management, Credits: 53
- Leisure Planning & Management, Credits: 53
- Therapeutic Recreation, Credits: 53
About this Program
This program prepares a graduate to become a professional leader, supervisor and/or administrator within the private for profit, private non-profit, and the public sector of the recreation and leisure services field. The program includes preparation for youth programs, community education, municipal and leisure service programs; a broad variety of therapeutic recreation settings including hospitals, long-term care, advocacy organizations, consultant services; a wide variety of commercial recreation and tourism settings, nature and historical interpretation; private and public park systems including park ranger, research, educational outreach, planning marketing, park operations; and military recreation. The Department offers a professional core that is accredited by the NRPA/AALR with 3 career emphasis areas: Leisure Planning and Management, Therapeutic Recreation, and Resource Management.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002