Micro Mechanical Technology
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 72
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Students in this program will learn to design, fabricate and manipulate precise mechanical components and mechanisms using precision hand tools, microscope, watchmakers' loupe, watchmakers' lathe and turns. Tolerances will be held to as little as 5 microns. Mastery of these skills will be continually assessed by Saint Paul College faculty and Swiss industry professionals to insure that the highest standards are achieved and maintained. The students are prepared for employment in industries that require a high degree of dexterity and precision such as: watch repair, medical device manufacturing and aeorospace.
- Saint Paul College 55102
Labor Market Information
Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Median wage: $14.47/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Median wage: $18.33/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Shrinking
- Median wage: $17.28/hour-Below the median
- Employment outlook: Refers to national data. State data is not available.