- College/University: Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Biofuel Technicians will be trained for entry into the agricultural processing plant industry, which converts crops such as corn, soybeans, alfalfa, and sugar beets into products and by-products such as ethanol, soy oil, corn syrup, starch, carbon dioxide, and bulk/bagged sugar. Today's processing plants are highly technical and completely automated, and the Biofuel Technicians have an enormous amount of responsibility to ensure that the plant continues to operate in the most efficient and economical way possible. To do so, the technician needs to be conversant in mechanical and instrumentation basics, chemical and microbiological processes, safety fundamentals, and process optimization techniques.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Granite Falls 56241