Emergency Medical Services Specialist
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 28
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The EMS Certificate provides enhanced entry level job training for employment in a Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance service and the EMS ride-along experience requirements for persons interested in entering a paramedic program. Several certificate courses provide transferable credit to Inver Hills Community College Emergency Health Services (paramedic) program. Included in the program is an 80 hour internship with Metro ALS Ambulance Services. Areas covered are special transportation training, an ambulance service operations and run simulation course, behind-the-wheel emergency driving course, proper lifting techniques plus interpersonal communication skills that paramedic schools and employers are seeking.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347