Automotive Service Technology
- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 73
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program is designed primarily for students who would like to further their education in Automotive Service. The customized curriculum allows for more Liberal Arts classes, which are a part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum. The Automotive Service Technician is a person working in an exciting and rapidly changing industry. Students in this program will receive training in the many service and diagnostic procedures necessary to maintain our Nation on wheels. Students are trained in modern laboratories equipped with current service and testing equipment. Students entering this program should have good mechanical aptitude, good communication skills, and the ability to read and comprehend service literature. Graduates of this program will have a variety of opportunities that range from driveability technician, alignment and suspension specialist, transmission specialist, service advisors and managers. Opportunities for advancement may include factory and dealer representatives, management, and self-employment.
- Northland Community and Technical College, Thief River Falls 56701