Health Information Technology/Coding
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- WIOA Certified
About this Program
The health information technician is an important member of the health care team who secures, analyzes, integrates and manages health information for patient care, performs diagnostic and procedure coding, utilizes electronic systems for reimbursement, planning, and research activities, and maintains a legal patient record. This information steers the health care industry. The program is designed to combine general education courses with technical courses for a well-rounded and functional education. To further the student's knowledge, the program utilizes web-based educational electronic health record systems and time is spent in health care facilities.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls 56537
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Detroit Lakes 56501
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena 56482
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560