Life Sciences Teaching
- College/University: Metropolitan State University
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program prepares individuals to inspire 5th-8th graders and 9th-12th graders to learn about life sciences. Graduates will gain a foundation in the biological, physical and earth sciences; engage in active hands-on scientific inquiry through lab experiments, field study and computerized analysis of data; explore methods of teaching science that actively engage students through inquiry activities, experimentation, projects, the exploration of issues and the use of technology; and develop skills in planning instruction, guiding learning and assessing the performance of science students. Plus prepare for the Minnesota Science Teaching License with a Life Science Specialty while enhancing one's teaching skills and content knowledge.
- Metropolitan State University, St Paul Campus 55106