- College/University: Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
You will learn and apply central theories in general, organic, analytical, and forensic chemistry or biochemistry. The program includes physics, mathematics and electives required for transfer. You will learn the applications of chemistry to various disciplines including health sciences, biological sciences and engineering. You will gain extensive laboratory experience utilizing various techniques and instruments. You will learn computer skills associated with data analysis and presentation, good laboratory practices and how to document laboratory procedures. You will learn to effectively work in cooperative teams in a laboratory setting to plan and complete experiments in a timely manner, and to give oral and written presentations. MCTC has a transfer agreement with St. Cloud State University that facilitates transfer of the A.S. in Chemistry degree into the chemistry major in various tracks. MCTC is also working on transfer agreements with other four-year institutions.
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College 55403