- College/University: Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Award: Bach Sci-Mechanical Engineering
- Credits: 128
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Mechanical engineering (ME) is essential to a wide range of activities that include the research, design, development, manufacture, management, and control of engineering systems, subsystems, and their components. Mechanical engineers use the fundamentals of engineering mechanics, energy, thermal-fluid sciences and material sciences to design and analyze mechanical systems that perform useful tasks required by society. For example, mechanical engineers work with design and function of machines, devices, and structures in the areas of manufacturing, processing, power generation, and transportation (air, land, sea, and space). As a result of a rapidly expanding technology in recent years, mechanical engineers have become more versed in computer-aided design; robotics; bioengineering; solar wind, and ocean energy sources; and space exploration. The breadth of the field provides the graduate with many possibilities for a satisfying career.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
- Mesabi Range College, Virginia 55792