- Award: Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
- Credits: 128
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
1. Based on their strong technical foundation in civil engineering, they have advanced professionally to increased levels of responsibility, have successfully transitioned into business or management, or have success fully completed an advanced degree.
2. They have become a registered professional engineer.
3. They have demonstrated an ability to communicate technical information through technical reports and/or proposals, development of plans and specifications, presentations to the public, published papers and articles, and/or conference presentations.
4. They have participated in continuing education or pursued additional industry certification.
5. They have participated in, or served as an officer of, a local, regional, or national professional engineering society, standards committee, or state/local board.
Other important features of an education in civil engineering at Minnesota State Mankato include:
Senior students work together as a design team in a full academic year course incorporating multiple civil engineering disciplines in a comprehensive design project.
Students work closely with engineers from design firms and government agencies, and with faculty and students from other engineering courses in the senior design project.
Students take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in their senior year � the first step towards professional registration.
The flexible curriculum allows the students to have either a diverse or focused civil engineering study.
The faculty maintains ties to industry, thereby keeping current with new technologies, design methodologies, and the world of civil engineering practice � a valuable resource for students.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato 56002
Labor Market Information
College Engineering Teachers
- Median wage: $69,435/year-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Average
- Median wage: $36.51/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average
- Median wage: $40.03/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Above statewide average