Information Technology Security Specialist
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 16
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
Course content includes computer maintenance and repair, PC operating systems, local area networking (LAN) management, wide area network (WAN) management (switching and routing), wireless communication, computer and network security, and IP convergence technologies including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Graduates are able to provide system support and training in a variety of areas, including personal computers, software, local area networks, wireless data systems, corporate phone systems, wide area networks, and related technologies.
Graduates possess a broad base of training. As technology changes, new careers are emerging on a regular basis. This breadth of training is the strength of the program; it enables graduates to choose from a variety of options and to be ready for technology changes as they occur.
- Alexandria Technical and Community College 56308
Labor Market Information
Computer Network Support Specialists
- Median wage: $28.87/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Median wage: $37.42/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Average
- Median wage: $43.94/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Above statewide average
Information Security Analysts
- Median wage: $43.34/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average