- College/University: Northland Community and Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 3
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Nursing Assistant course is a prerequisite for students planning to enroll in the Practical Nursing program. The course presents factual information and hands on skill practice through lecture, lab demonstration and practice, assigned audiovisuals, texts and handouts. The course also includes hands-on clinical experience. The nursing assistant is a healthcare professional who works under the supervision of licensed practical nurses and/or registered nurses to perform basic patient cares and assist with activities of daily living. Nursing Assistants provide hands-on care and perform routine tasks. Nurse aides employed in nursing care facilities often are the principal caregivers, having far more contact with residents than do other members of the staff. This course introduces concepts of basic human needs in simple terms. Selected common technical nursing skills are introduced. Principles of body mechanics are emphasized. The nursing assistant course is intended to prepare students for practice at the Nursing Assistant level. Upon successful completion of the course, the student is eligible to take the written and skills exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks 56721
- Northland Community and Technical College, Thief River Falls 56701
- White Earth Reservation 56591