- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
- Allied Health , Credits: 20
- Coaching & Human Performance, Credits: 20
- Corporate Wellness/Exercise Leadership, Credits: 20
About this Program
A Bachelor�s Degree in Exercise Science is a science-based approach to analyzing and improving human performance. Students learn both the theory and practice of assessing, designing, and implementing effective exercise programs. One of the distinctive features of our program is a hands-on service learning component embedded throughout the curriculum where students apply exercise science principles to real life situations. Students have the option of two emphases; an Allied Health emphasis prepares students for graduate and professional schools leading to career opportunities in Exercise Physiology and rehabilitative services (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractic Medicine, Physician Assistant, etc.); a Corporate Wellness/Exercise Leadership emphasis prepares students for a wide-range of careers requiring a bachelor�s degree, (Exercise Specialist, Wellness Director, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Athletic Enhancement, Coaching, Manager or Business Owner of an Exercise Facility, Etc.).
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College, Coon Rapids 55433
- Southwest Minnesota State University 56258
- Normandale Community College 55431
- North Hennepin Community College 55445