Advertising Web Design and Development
- Award: Associate in Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- WIA Certified
About this Program
In this unique program, students are trained to become "front-end/hybrid" web designers, a term which describes a person who can visually design and code web sites. Students will learn the essentials of designing, developing and maintaining web sites. Courses focus on web page planning, writing, basic design, layout, construction, setup and maintenance of a website. In addition, student will look at design issues specific to web-based presentations, learn web page layout, effective navigation, and explore the design process. Students examine the use of graphics, color and fonts on web pages, as well as working with HTML5 and CSS3.
Students are encouraged to participate in the student professional organizations, including Collegiate DECA, AAF (American Advertising Federation) and The Northway Group (a student run in-house advertising agency). These organizations are designed to further develop and practice the advertising, sales and leadership skills taught in the formal classroom.
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College 56303
Labor Market Information
College Communications Teachers
- Median wage: $60,161/year-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Below statewide average
Public Relations Specialists
- Median wage: $27.17/hour-Above the median
- Employment outlook: Above statewide average
- Median wage: $30.59/hour-Well above the median
- Employment outlook: Well above statewide average