Emergency Medical Care Services
- College/University: Riverland Community College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 16
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Emergency Medical Care Certificate provides enhanced entry-level job training for employment in a Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance service. Included in the program are ride-along clinical experiences with local Ambulance Services. Upon successful completion of this certificate is the opportunity for National Registry certification, plus the Spanish speaking skills for EMS personnel that employers are seeking. The EMC Certificate prepares and enhances a person?s job opportunities for work as an EMT in a Basic Life Support (BLS) medical transportation service or in an Advanced Life Support (ALS) service that combines EMT`s and paramedics. This certificate also serves as a ladder to a paramedic career.
- Riverland Community College, Albert Lea 56007
- Riverland Community College, Austin 55912
- Riverland Community College, Owatonna 55060