Sign Language Interpreter Preparation
- College/University: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 64
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Sign Language Interpreter Preparation program prepares individuals to work as interpreters facilitating and mediating communication between deaf/hard of hearing and hearing people. Students will gain sign language skills, an understanding of deaf culture, knowledge of the interpreter's role and skill development for the profession of sign language interpreting. Students will experience a variety of learning environments including classroom work, laboratory practice and field placement.
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead 56560