< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Fall 2017, Section 30
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|8/21/2017 - 12/15/2017||n/a||na - na||Anoka Technical College ONLINE||
- Online course no meeting times on campus
|Offered through: Anoka Technical College.|
|Campus: Anoka Technical College.||Location: Anoka Technical College.|
|Status: Full||Size: 30||Enrolled: 30||Seats Remaining: 0|
The last day to add this course is 4 business day(s) after August 21, 2017. The last day to drop this course is 4 business day(s) after August 21, 2017.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 22, 2017.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$41.70|
Goal 01 - Communication
- Understand/demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.
Goal 07 - Human Diversity
- Understand the development of and the changing meanings of group identities in the United States' history and culture.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the individual and institutional dynamics of unequal power relations between groups in contemporary society.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, concepts and beliefs regarding diversity, racism, and bigotry.
- Describe and discuss the experience and contributions (political, social, economic, etc.) of the many groups that shape American society and culture, in particular those groups that have suffered discrimination and exclusion.
- Demonstrate communication skills necessary for living and working effectively in a society with great population diversity.