< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Research in Special Collections and Archives
Fall 2017, Section 01
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|000031||INFS||340||01||Research in Special Collections and Archives||4.0||Open||
|8/24/2017 - 12/7/2017||Th||1:00pm - 4:20pm||St Johns Hall 153||
- Community Engagement
- Note: This course combines reduced classroom time with significant online work. Intermediate computer/Internet skills required. For online learning and course access information go to www.metrostate.edu/col click on Student Resources. Students must log into the class no later than the first day, August 24. There are assignments that FIRST week of class. The only class meetings are three required field trips. Field trip directions are posted as soon as the class is open on D2L. Transportation and parking fees are the student's responsibility. Students will choose three trips from the following six field trips Thursday Day Trips Aug. 31; Sept. 7, Sept. 14 from 1-4:20 and Tuesday Evening Trips 5:30-8:30 on Aug. 29; Sept. 12 and Sept.19.
|Offered through: Metropolitan State University.|
|Campus: Metropolitan State University.||Location: z MnSCU Metropolitan State University.|
|Status: Open||Size: 24||Enrolled: 18||Seats Remaining: 6|
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 20, 2017.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$137.88|
- General Education/Liberal Studies Elect.
- Upper Division Liberal Studies
- Oral and Visual Communication
Goal 01 - Communication
- Understand/demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
Goal 05 - Hist/Soc/Behav Sci
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.